For those, Who seek Rhythm in their Life

Sunday, December 7, 2014

In A Blue Moon

Once I was sitting alone in park,quiet 
watching the blue moon in its full light. 
memories took me down to past 
maybe some 3 years; yes it was, 
my 19th birthday, 23rd of may 
everyone was very happy and gay 

but my eye were on the door 
every once in a while I looked once more 
waiting for someone I was sad,
then suddenly the door opened and came a lad 
I rushed to him, he greeted me happy birthday 
I taunted," where was you whole day?"

he said,"I was arranging for the present,
Here's your gift,take it" but I resent;
"I don't want your gift your presence was needed.
Do you know today is blue moon, don't miss it"
we rushed to the roof, and looked for the moon, 
"it is marvelous" ,he said "we will meet very soon."

"Why?" ,I asked," where are you going" 
"I have joined the army. It is my dream." 
I became sad, "what will I do without you"
"Don't cry my girl. one day I will meet you,
when I will be something and will take you away
and will build our small nest I swear."
"When will it happen?" I asked him with tears.  
"you know next blue moon free after 3 years 
and on that night I will propose you with a ring"
"that's a promise",I said "don't forget this thing. 
after 2 years came a letter with his death news 
my world broke down my heart gets a bruise 

now when I think of him my eyes are tears. 
suddenly from the dark, a postman appears 
"it is a special delivery" he  handed me the letter 
when I read the whole moon shattered 
it was from him before you went to war.
It said "you are so near yet so far

This may be my final words don't mourn
if something happens to me I want you to move on 
but I kept the promise I made to you,see
I proposes you that the ring- will you marry me?" 
and a ring fell out, a curse , or a boon
And this all happened in a blue moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read 2021

Shar...