For those, Who seek Rhythm in their Life

Thursday, December 18, 2014

So Tell me Some More

Tring tring!  Tring tring!! Tring tring!!!
It was the third time that I was calling her from 6 p.m., and she wasn’t picking the phone. Why? She knows that every Thursday I call her. This was the only time when none of us is busy in tuitions, coaching or anything else. Then why is she not picking the phone?
           Tring tring! Tring tring!!
           I was just going to cut the phone, when she picked the phone.
          “Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I was in the other room doing my assignment and almost forgot and phone was on the silent mode. Please forgive me!!” She uttered so quickly that I hardly understood a word. But that’s fine. I normally don’t hear her words. It was her voice that mesmerized me so much that I want to just hear it to eternity. The sweet, ringing voice, sprinkled with occasional laughs and so melodious makes me feel like I am on the moon. Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Hey! Hold your breath. Otherwise you will suffocate yourself.” I stopped her.
“Sorry!! So, why did you called?”-she asked.
“No reason”- I replied simply.
“No reason”- she said
“Yes. Can’t I phone you for any reason? Only to chat with you.”
“O.k.”
“So tell me, what’s going on?” we were on our same routine. I phone her, says ‘what’s going on?’ and she started to tell things which happened in her school, which is my Alma mator, but I shifted here 2 years ago. Sigh!!!! I haven’t seen her for two years. It’s not like that we are boyfriend/girlfriend. To her, I am just a good friend. A special one instead. But to me, she was everything. Yes, you guessed right. The ‘one way traffic’-situation.

And then she tells about other things, in family and neighbors. Which new movies she saw, the heroine, other stuff etc. on occasional pauses, I give my one liners and she laughs, and I am on the moon again. And at the end of one topic, I say-‘Tell me some more’ and the conversation continues.it lasts for an hour, half an hour. No telling how much it costs me, but it was nothing in compared to what I was getting- a chance to hear her sweet, ringing melodious voice, and then a free ride to moon.
“Ok, bye. I have to complete my assignment. I will talk to you later”- and she hung up and my heart was petrified.
Every time, I wishes that I will say my heart to her, but I feared. What if she refused and breaks friendship with me? Not only will I lose the chance of talking to her again, but also I will lose a good, close friend.  This thought has stopped me for two years.
Next Thursday, I was somewhat determined. So I asked her-“Do you have a project?”
 “A project!”- She was confused.
“Yes, a project”- I said mischievously.
“A project what, physics, chemistry. I don’t know what are you talking about”- she was really confused.
“Oh! You don’t know our code language. Project means a boyfriend or girlfriend.”- I explained
“No, I don’t have a project. Don’t have time for one”
“Really. It’s a shame for a girl as beautiful as you don’t have a project. And it is even shameful for the boys to don’t approach you to be your project.”
“Now you are flattering!!” she chuckled. Moon again.
“No, seriously. And I know you are stupid. You don’t have eyes to identify the projects around you. Someone must be your secret admirer.”
“My secret admirer!”
“Yes! You know; someone who often talks to you and talks about you. Someone very close.”- I was throwing hints.
“No, I don’t think so”- she clarified.
“You are really stupid”
And the conversation ended.
For next two Thursday, I wasn’t able to contact her due to some unavoidable reasons. My heart was about to burst out of anxiety. I decided now that no matter what, I will talk to her about my heart. I have to make a bold step.
Next Thursday, as soon as she picked the phone and I mentioned about the project, she began to laugh.
“Why are you laughing?”- I asked
“I got it. I finally got it!”- She laughed victoriously.
“What have you got?” I was rather scared. Did she finally figure it out that I love her? Oh my god!! Yet I kept my finger closed and asked again-“What have you got?”
“My secret admirer, my project”
“Who?”- I cried.
“My classmate. He came to our school the same year you left. He often talks to me. He is really a nice guy. And that day, when you told me about the secret admirer, he was my first suspect. And when I asked him frankly, he confessed that he likes me. And I kind of liked him too. Thank you so much for the advice. You are happy. Aren’t you?


I wasn’t there. I was on the moon again, but this time on the dark side of the moon. Every word was hitting me like a stone, a sharp pointed stone and crashing through my heart. I couldn’t stand any more. I sat on the floor.  The whole world was spinning around me. The words echoed again-' you are happy. Aren’t you?’
The words came out of my broken heart, my wet eyes and my shaking lips-“I am happy. I am very much happy for you. So, tell me some more………………….”







No comments:

Post a Comment

Read 2021

Shar...