For those, Who seek Rhythm in their Life

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Childhood Tree

I was visiting my village, after a long, 
My mind was singing the childhood song.

I came out of bus, and walked to the village,
but the feet changed the direction, to my amaze.

I was going to the forest, to my old tree,
the one which we all used, when free.

On my way, remembering the good ol' days
playing with my friends, on the tree, we say

'Let's never forget our friendship, and the tree,
will keep it in alive in our memory's sea.

We used to climb it, sit on top;listening,
birds chirping; wind's voice; blossoming flower, water flowing.

But when I reached it, it was not there,
I was shocked, and searched for it everywhere.

Then something caught my eye, A burnt tree,
Struck by lightening, my eyes weep.

How cruel time is, nothing left of my memory,
remembering the good old days, I hugged the tree.

But as I was about to leave, something I heard,
I went in the direction of voice, across the fields of mustard.

What I saw, touched my heart deeply,
some children were playing beneath another tree.

But they didn't see me, I was hiding,
in the memories of past, my heart was gliding.

I turned and went back, carrying all my memory,
It will always be alive in my heart, my childhood tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read 2021

Shar...